Gender equality is the fundamental right, and necessary foundation for a peaceful, prosperous and sustainable society. Currently 20% women and girls between the ages of 15-49 have reported experiencing physical or sexual violence. Gender equality can be achieved by providing women and girls with equal access to education, health care, employment, and representation in political and economic decision-making processes.
The objectives to work towards women empowerment and gender equality are:
- To attain the gender equity on the society
- To have equal opportunities for girl child education
- To ensure participation in decision making and Panchayat
- To reduce any kind of violence against women
- To promote employments generation program
- To conduct survey and public opinion on specific issues and problems of women
- To networking with other women groups or organizations
Women empowerment interventions are those which affect the all. Thus emphasis is laid on women education, health, income generation, and social justice.
Empowering women in an area like Uttar Pradesh and Bihar is not easy due to the old mindset and feudal society.